Gluten Free Skillet Cookie | Almond Flour Cookies
What is not to love about a giant skillet cookie? This skillet cookie (or cut out cookies) would make a fun healthy-ish dessert to bring to your holiday gathering. It is made with almond flour so your gluten intolerant loved ones can enjoy it as well.
This would also be a fun last minute gift to give someone this holiday season. You could buy your loved one a cast iron skillet as a present and fill it with this delicious skillet cookie.
2 cups Almond Flour
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Maple Syrup (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F with the cast iron skillet inside.
2. In a medium sized bowl blend together an egg, softened butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar, maple syrup, and salt.
3. Gradually stir in the almond flour and baking soda.
4. Remove the skillet from the oven and add a tsp of butter to the pan. (This is to help the cookie not stick.)
5. Add the cookie dough evenly into the preheated pan and flatten gently.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 35-30 minutes
7. Pull the skillet out of the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
After you pull the skillet cookie out of the oven allow to cool for a minute or two. Then you can use a cookie cutter to cut out shaped cookies from the skillet cookie. This makes creating Christmas shaped chocolate chip cookies incredibly easy.
My kids are found of making the cut out chocolate chip cookies over eating the skillet cookie cut up. I see myself making a bunch of these skillet cookies in the next few days. Which is completely fine because it is incredibly simple to make.
Let us know if you give it a try on Facebook, Instagram, or in the comments below!