Healthy Homemade Chocolate Granola
This chocolatey granola is the only granola that my kids love. That's probably because it tastes similarly to those sugar filled chocolatey cereal in the stores. Except this is made with healthy sweeteners and loaded with nutrients.
2 cups Pecans
1 cup Walnuts
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1/3 cup Coconut Oil
1/8 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Add to a food processor (or hand chop) 2 cups of pecans and 1 cup of walnuts. Blend until fine-medium sized.
3. Add the chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, old fashioned oats, salt, and cocoa powder to a medium sized bowl. Stir well.
4. Into whatever baking tray you are using add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Place the tray into the preheated oven for about 2 minutes, or until the coconut oil it melted.
5. Pull out the baking tray with the melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir in the vanilla extract.
6. Then add the contents of the bowl to the baking tray. Using a spoon make sure all of the nuts and oats are covered in the oil and syrup.
7. Once everything is mixed together spread it out evenly on the baking try.
8. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Then pull out the tray, give it a stir, and place it back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Pull the granola out of the oven and let it cool.
10. Add to a sealed container and store at room temperature for 5-7 days.
We like to eat this plain, with yogurt, or with milk. It takes amazing and really hits the spot when you are craving something chocolate.
Right now we are in the middle of the holiday season so there are tons of cookies and sweets going around. So this is a great healthy alternative when you have those cravings at home.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give it a try let us know, we'd love to hear about your results.
Thank-you so much for taking time out of your day to hang out here!